Friday 3 April 2009

My name is Peter Kenny

I've been signing into the IT system of the agency I'm working at as Peter Kenny all week, as it seemed simpler than them setting me up a new login. No dramas.

Until, however, I was moved from working on a Macbook, to a Mac G4. Signed off the Macbook, signed into the G4 - password wouldn't work.

Hmmm.

I have 2 phones on the desk.

Neither of them work.

So I go over to the desk in the corner which does have a working phone and call IT support.

Am then told they can't reset the login password without authorisation from lady called Jane because it's not in my name.

I call the lady called Jane who agrees to call IT to authorise this.

I then realise that IT can't call me back because a) The phones on my desk don't work and b) They don't know my name.

I give them 5 minutes, and call back.

Success! They have reset the password. I hang up and trot back to my desk.

Type it in.

It doesn't work.

I sigh and trot back to the desk with the phone and call IT.

Explain situation.

They try and talk me through what's on my screen.

I can't see my screen from where I am, on the other side of the room.

They eventually agree to come up and do something to make it work.

An hour later it finally works and I log back into the system.

As Peter Kenny.

1 comment:

Peter Kenny said...

argh you are Peter Kenny 2.0 I always knew this day would come.